A Delicious Root Beer Pulled Pork Gameday Recipe Made for Saturdays!
Here is an easy and really tasty pulled Pork recipe for the crock pot. It’s one of my favorites because prep time is about 10 minutes…then you let it go for 8 hours in the crock pot. You can leave and play golf, go boating, whatever, and when you get back it’s a quick finish to a bun or a plate over rice.
Here you go:
- 1 Vidalia Onion
- Your favorite BBQ sauce(I like Sweet Baby Rays)
- A bottle of root beer (diet or regular)
- 1 pork tenderloin.
- Slice the onions and layer them in bottom of crock pot.
- Cut the pork tenderloin in half and arrange on top of the onions
- Mix equal parts of root beer and BBQ sauce to cover tenderloin
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours
- Remove from crock put, and using forks, pull the pork tenderloin apart
- Remove ¾ of liquid in crock pot…keeping the onions in the crock pot.
- Put pulled pork back in crock pot and cover with BBQ sauce to taste.
- Cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Serve on buns for sandwiches or over rice for a dinner entrée.